Wednesday

Shadow Play



On a sunny day watch your shadow and see what it can do.

HOW TO: 
  • Find a sunny open area to stand in with no trees or big structures around. 
  • Find the sun and turn your back to it.
  • Your shadow should be in front of you.
  • A lot depends on what time of day it is:  

       - if the sun is low in the sky your shadow will be long.
       - if the sun is high in the sky your shadow will be short.


MORE ACTIVITIES:

If you are feeling patient, stand very still and see if someone can draw around your shadow.

Shadow Shapes for older children

Shadow puppets at night

Me and my shadow,
Strolling down the avenue,
Me and my shadow,
Not a soul to tell our troubles to . . .

And when it’s twelve o’clock,
We climb the stair,
We never knock,
For nobody’s there . . .


Perry Como

2 comments:

  1. Love the song! I actually remember it as my father was a big perry Como fan! :) Karen (Flights of Whimsy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is somewhere implanted in my brain from my past too, but unlike you I don't remember where. Do you remember playing with your shadow?

    ReplyDelete